As it starts to feel warmer, I begin to crave more fresh food and this salad was born: raw cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, fresh herbs and a homemade dressing makes it perfect for a light lunch or a delicious side for salmon or grilled chicken at dinner.
Cucumber Quinoa Goat Cheese Salad
- 1 c. quinoa, rinsed
- 2 c. chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 large cucumber, diced
- 1 pint (or more) halved grape tomatoes
- small handful of parsley, chopped
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp brown mustard
- sea salt and ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 c. - 1 c. creamy goat cheese, chopped
Cook the quinoa in broth over medium heat for 15 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed. Pour the quinoa into a large mixing bowl and let it begin to cool.
Add cucumber, tomatoes, and parsley. In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients (oil, vinegar, lemon juice, mustard and salt/pepper). Stir into the quinoa salad until well combined. Stir in the goat cheese and serve luke warm or cold.
Do you have a favorite summer salad?